Friday, June 5, 2009

This week, my world turned upside down...

On Monday, June 1st, I got results back from two biopsies taken on Friday and learned that I have breast cancer. I can't begin to describe the rash of emotions I have gone through this week. When the radiologist told me the results, I couldn't focus... The lump that I was concerned about wasn't a cyst. I was told that it is cancer.

In Situ and Invasive Ductal Carcinoma... I hate those words.

This week I have learned more than I ever dreamed of knowing about this disease. I'll share my updates with you here.

Thanks for the love, prayers and support. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't say that enough...

2 comments:

  1. In Mark 16:18 the word "will recover" suggests a gradual recovery, they will "get well". We live in an instant world. I love instant miracles we have witnessed many hundreds if not thousands, but at the same time I thank God for healing. Sometimes healing begins in seed form. You can't see it! It is a seed. When you sow a seed you don't dig it up every day to see how it is doing. I want to encourage you to stay in the message of the word of God concerning divine healing and continue to wait and believe God for the manifestation of your healing, even though you may not be able to see now. It may be a seed. A mighty miracle has begun. The bible declares in Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he who comes to him must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Faith is diligent. It keeps on asking, seeking and knocking until the door is opened.

    I obviously didn't write that, but thought it was encouraging. Alyssa is our little miracle! It didn't happen over night, but we had faith that God would heal her and he did. I know God will heal you as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Lara, I did not know of this until now 7/13. It is a very terrifying ordeal to go thru (trust me, I know) but you can do it. You are a very strong, intelligent person who cares a lot about other people and deserves all the prayers, hopes, and encouraging words we can lay upon you. You have a loving husband to stand beside you thru all of this and kids that worship their mama for all the right reasons. You are mighty brave sharing all of this with us - the good and the bad - and I really appreciate it. These are things people having these situations/tests need to know ahead of time to help them not be so apprehensive of going thru it - should they have to. I really admire your courage and I'll be with you every step of the way. You have my prayers. Tinker

    ReplyDelete