Friday, August 21, 2009

3rd Chemo was much better....

The amazing drug, Zofran, and my mom pushing to keep me hydrated helped tremendously during round three of chemo. I slept an amazing amount of hours. But, luckily, never felt as bad as I did during the first two rounds. I even had a few crackers on day 1, mashed potatoes on day 2, and macaroni/mashed potatoes on day 3. That's progress!!

While my mom has been taking care of me, my dad has been taking care of the kids. And, I believe they have worn him out!

I want to thank everyone for their prayers... and, the food we have received has been great. It is definitely one less thing to worry about while we go through this madness.

Today, I'm back at work catching up. I'm a little weak but I'm doing great. In fact, I can't wait until I can eat a real meal... and, I bet that meal just may be tonight!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that people are having trouble leaving comments... Not sure what has happened. I'll try to figure it out. But, thanks for the emails! Love you! Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara,
    I am so glad that this round has been easier to tolerate.
    What will be "the best meal ever" once this is all said and done??
    I still check your blog daily to keep up with you and your treatments/updates.
    Michelle
    p.s. The photos that my dad sent out from their visit with you were wonderful. You looked radiant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lara,

    We are glad, as well, to hear that chemo #3 was not as hard on you as #1 & #2. You are courageus and amazingly strong. Hang in there. You are an inspiration to others.

    Ellen & Roger

    ReplyDelete