I had blood labs, a follow up visit and chemo yesterday. My white blood count was down a bit but it wasn't down enough to stop my chemo. (Thank goodness!)
I asked to stay on a 75% dose of Taxol since I still have tingling, albeit not bad, in my feet. I was informed that they would keep me at this level from now on. I'm glad to hear that... It eases my mind since I was so concerned about permanent damage to my nerves.
They started me back on the daily dose of Lapatinib. Fortunately, my dose is now 2 pills instead of 3 each night. Even so, before taking the pills last night, I paused, realizing that my stomach issues would get worse again... But, hopefully, a 3rd less of the dose will help in that area... So, down the pills went. (I can feel the crampiness a bit this morning. But, nothing is too bad yet.)
On a happy note, I'm glad to report that the peach fuzz on the top of my head is getting fuzzier. I'm very thankful for that...
On my next set of "to dos" is finding the best surgeons for the surgery I will have in February... I'm still waiting to hear back about the plastic surgeon in Chapel Hill who will put in the tissue expanders after the general surgeon does my mastectomy... Hopefully, I can get an appointment with that one soon!
I have also done some limited research on reconstructive plastic surgeons for my final surgery. The best work I have seen is from a doctor who is all the way out in Beverly Hills! That's not so convenient... But, I want the best even if he isn't in my network... We'll see how cost prohibitive (out of network, flights, hotel) that will be... But, I'm shooting high since I plan to be here until I'm old and grey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment