Thursday, November 19, 2009

Appointments being made...

I now have the last "official" chemo date set. (Although, I will continue to sit in the chemo chair for Herceptin, a targeted therapy, every week until the surgery.) I also have appointments set up with the surgeons in Chapel Hill to kick off the next (and scariest) phase of my journey.

The last chemo date (that includes Taxol and taking Lapatinib) is January 12th.

The appointment with the General Surgeon, Dr. Demore, is set for the Monday after Thanksgiving, November 30th at 3:40. (So soon!)

The appointment to meet with the plastic surgeon, Dr. Halvorson, is a week later on December 8th, 1pm.

I believe I will have a mastectomy sometime after my 40th birthday (which is Februay 1st). Note: Between January 12th and the TBD surgery date, I will continue getting Herceptin on Tuesdays at the Regional Cancer Center via the port.

Those are the updates I have for now....

Thanks for the continued love, prayers and support! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment