Monday, January 4, 2010

I have confused some people!

In my last post, I said I was almost finished with chemotherapy drugs... And, this is true. However, there is some confusion... This doesn't mean I won't continue to sit in a chemo chair...

HERCEPTIN isn't officially a chemo drug. It's a targeted therapy drug. Unfortunately, it still has to be administered the same way as chemo... I have to have HERCEPTIN for a full year after starting it. So, I will continue going to the chemo room until the end of SEPTEMBER 2010.

So, tomorrow, I will have my last dose of TAXOL (the stuff that causes the tingles). I'm super happy about that. But, I will continue getting Herceptin EVERY WEEK until surgery and then once EVERY THREE WEEKS after surgery. That's not so bad! I will be able to leave Greensboro for an entire week if I want... (That's truly exciting because planning a vacation around my Tuesday appointments is tough... Right now, we are looking at going to Mexico to celebrate our 40th birthdays before my surgery. But, that means we can't leave until Wed, Feb 3rd and have to come back Monday, Feb 8th. Oh well!)

Hopefully, I'll be done with all of this by October!! I can't wait!! =)

1 comment:

  1. I realized it wasn't exactly all over yet, but things are looking up. I can't believe you all will be 40 though. I'll continue my prayers and thank you for all updates.
    Much love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete