Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm almost "done"!

Wow... I can't believe this day is here. Today is my very LAST infusion of Herceptin! No more trips to that Chemo room. I can't even explain the joy that I feel... I'm actually giddy today.

The last infusion also means that I can now schedule getting this port out of my chest... That will be awesome. I can't wait for the removal of this big piece of plastic... that sticks out... and irritates my skin. Woo hoo!

This week really has been a good one.

A week ago, Tuesday, I had nipple reconstruction done. I got a little nervous and even had fleeting thoughts of canceling. But, yesterday, I got to see them for the first time. I'm so glad I had the procedure done... What a difference it makes. I'm getting so close to looking like "normal" again. (Could it be possible to look even better than before? lol.) On December 2nd, I will get the tattoos to finish the look.

I keep thinking that by Christmas, I should be completely "done"!

I just can't tell you what that means to me.

Done.

What a wonderful, fantastic word!

4 comments:

  1. I have to let everyone know about the rest of my fabulous day... While I was in the waiting room, Doug brought me a dozen red roses to celebrate. He is so thoughtful. He also organized a sitter for the evening. We went out and enjoyed a bottle of wine at a wine bar and then met up with friends for dinner. Jenny & Ben had gifts for me as well. Those were such sweet surprises! Thanks. I'm so glad I could celebrate with you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and inspiring. I am soooooooooooo happy to read this post! Love you much and hope to see you soon. Dancing is in our future and maybe this time I won't break a toe :-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very excited for you Lara!!
    As others have said, you are truly amazing and an inspiration to us all.
    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara, you have been in my prayers-every single day--since learning of your diagnosis, which in some ways, seems like just yesterday and in other ways, seems like the remote past. Roger & I are so, so happy that you have reached this point. This Christmas should be a wonderful one for you, Doug, and the children.

    I will continue to keep you in my prayser. May God continue to bless you with good health and lots of happiness.

    Love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete