On Tuesday, July 14th I went to have my white blood count checked. Apparently, white blood counts will dip to their lowest a week after chemo and then start to go back up. They were happy that my ANC (absolute nutrifill count) was at 1.2. My count must be at least 1.5 before my next chemo and I'm almost already there. My baseline, ANC before chemo, was 3.4.
They said that some people come back with dangerously low counts (ie. 0.2) and must take an antibiotic for a week to ensure they stay healthy. I don't have to do this. Yay! =)
Some of my symptoms the week after chemo included temporary vision and memory problems. I still had blurry vision on day 4 (the Friday after having chemo on Tuesday). It worried me but I found out that this is an expected side affect of the pre-meds (Zofran and Decadron) they gave me with my chemo. Decadron can stiffen the cornea. Not fun. And, not being able to remember the beginning of my home phone number or recalling people's names, etc. was awful, too. But, at least, I know it's temporary.
We talked about upping my anti-nausea drugs but the PA wants to try not to if we don't have to. Instead on day 3, I promised I would stay HOME and rest. We'll see if that helps. (I'll get a laptop from work just in case I'm up to it.)
For now, I'm feeling GREAT and have powered through catching up on projects at work. So, that makes me feel even better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment