Last Tuesday, I went in for chemo and was rejected... Yes, I still had (and still have almost another week later) tingling in my fingers and toes. But, that wasn't why they told me I couldn't have chemo.
The night before, my legs, stomach & back broke out into hives. I think it is from the lapatinib pills that I was taking nightly. Those caused the rash on my face and the stomach issues. So, I blame those pills. But, they decided that they should follow protocol and take me off of all chemo drugs for a week. (I really wanted to at least get Herceptin. That is probably the best drug I'm on with the least side effects. But, the answer was "no"!)
Instead, I had to take meth prednisone. (Yuck!) I had to take 6 pills on the first day and it made me dizzy and hot. Plus, those pills make you look puffy. (And, I don't like to look puffy!) Thankfully, I finished the pack of pills yesterday.
I have chemo on my schedule for tomorrow. But, first, I'll get some bloodwork tests done and meet with my doctor to discuss what we are going to do. I still have tingling in my hands and feet. But, it's not as bad as it was before. (Although, tingling for three weeks straight isn't a good thing.) I'm also hoping that my blood count looks good...
On Friday night, I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold. I was stuffy during the night and then started to lose my voice. By yesterday, I completely lost my voice. But, I did, thankfully, feel better than I sounded.
On a very bright note, my parents arrived on Saturday around 6pm and joined me and the kids at the "Goulash" fall festival downtown... We especially enjoyed the cemetery ghost walk put together by the Greensboro Historical Museum. Then, we went to see Doug perform at the Idiot Box. My parents finally made it to my house (after a full day of driving & activities with us) by 10pm!! It's wonderful to have them here! See some pumpkin patch pictures below...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those are wonderful photos Lara!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like everyone had a blast. I bet it is wonderful having your parents in town. I am sorry to hear about your rejection. I hope your next dose of chemo goes as planned.
Love,
Michelle
Lara,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that you could not have chemo last week and that you have had to endure continued tingling in your extremities and more recently, hives. Hopefully, you will get back on track with your treatment; I pray that you do.
I love the pumpkin patch photos; they are great. Everyone looks wonderful ... and you look radiant!
I continue to be impressed with your stamina and your positive attitude. May God continue to bless you with his goodness.
Ellen & Roger
Thank you!! And, yes, all went well yesterday... I was able to have chemo. =)
ReplyDelete