Yesterday, I went to get the injection that helps my white blood cell count. I advised the nurse that I still had a lot of nausea this time so she had me go back to visit the Physicians Assistant. Last time, the PA said for me to stay home and rest instead of trying to go to work when I didn't feel great. Even though I stayed home it didn't help. So, we started to discuss the meds. That's when we realized that I was only taking the complimentary anti-nausea drug... not the "big hitter" or "Rolls Royce" of drugs, Zofran. The doctor and nurses all turned white when they realized this... and immediately took me down to get Zofran put into my veins with a bunch of saline to hydrate me. One nurse told me that she felt like crying when she found out I didn't have the drug. (The mix-up was with the drugstore... I dropped off prescriptions and they didn't give me Zofran due to a needed authorization. They didn't tell me I was missing anything, either. Awful!)
What a difference. I'm still weak but I do feel a lot better. I'm glad we figured this out before AC treatments #3 and #4 since I hear the more treatments you have the worse they get due to the cumulative effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Lara I'm so sorry but glad that they figured it out!! Really hope this helps you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for the strength you've shown through all of this. Just think, you know you can handle the chemo without the Rolls Royce...You are such a strong woman. Love you.
ReplyDeleteLara,
ReplyDeleteMy patients can attest to wonder and strength of Zofran.
I am glad they figured out what you were missing and I am glad that it is working for you.
My thoughts are with you..
Michelle