At 8 this morning, Liza drove me to Chapel Hill for my 9:15 doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the doctor until after noon! He was extremely backed up. We finally got home at 2pm and I went right to sleep. I was EXHAUSTED!
The good news... They removed the last drainage tube. Yay! It was very uncomfortable and the "eraser shaped" incision where the tube came out was irritated.
As for the main (mastectomy) stitches, the slight necrosis (cell death) that I had along this line is looking better. I must admit, this did concern me. I really didn't want to have another surgery to remove this skin and perhaps, lose the implant!
Dr. Halvorson said that the lumpiness around my implants should smooth out with time as the skin continues to stretch. And, it will take up to three months for my implants to "drop". (They are pretty high right now.) Overall, Dr. Halvorson says that I look good.
I do have some increased bleeding along the incision on my right breast. He said the incision is an open wound. So, in addition to putting ointment on the incision, he told me to avoid increasing my blood pressure. He wants me to move but, for example, when I'm walking, I should walk slowly. I shouldn't pick anything up that weighs more than 5 pounds, etc. It is VERY tough to have others do things for me. But, I want the best results possible so I will work hard at not working! =)
I slept until 5pm so I'm behind with my physical therapy for the day. It's amazing how fast the day can go! As soon as I submit this post, I'll do another set...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment